Welcome to ARK Exotic Animal Sanctuary – The UK’s first rescue zoo and Lincolnshire’s multi award winning, independent wildlife park & exotic animal refuge
Following the government announcement of Lincolnshire being placed in tier 3 the ARK will be closed to the public for the foreseeable future, we will reopen when lockdown restrictions allow us to reopen the park in its entirety, if you have an encounter booked over the lockdown period please email us when we open again and we will reschedule your booking.
We want to say a huge thank you to everyone that has helped the Ark over these difficult times. There are some truly fantastic people about.
We know everyone is struggling in these uncertain times, this is a very testing time for the Ark and its 300 plus residents. They still need heating, feeding and medications etc, the dedicated care of the Arks residents needs to carry on throughout this unprecedented global emergency.
How can you help??
Amazon Wishlist has also been updated with essentials and gifts for the animals
We also have an agreement with our feed supplier where you can BuyABag of feed, call 01790 754969
The ARK exotic animal sanctuary is a wildlife park with a difference, operating as a rescue sanctuary for exotic animals that is also open to the public like a traditional zoo, the vast majority of our residents are rescues from the European pet trade, the ARK has become a home to a wide variety of captivating animals, from exotic mammals and fearsome carnivores to stunning reptiles and some of your favourite farmyard friends.
Many of our beautiful and engaging residents have been with us for many years, since our days as a private, exotic animal sanctuary.
Our doors are open all year round.
As well as the wonderful outside areas, visitors also benefit from popular indoor attractions such as the Tropical/Reptile House, Meerkat and Familiar Friends Barn and an all weather activity/play area.
Take a walk around Lemur lake, Lincolnshire’s first and only primate island and home to our group of rescued ring-tailed lemur monkeys, meet our group of Rhesus Macaques at the brand new Macaque Manor.
There is also a large outdoor play park for children, and the family friendly, Kalahari Cafe, offering a delicious selection of locally made cakes, savouries and other refreshments.
New for 2020, put your wits and cunning to the test in the Arks very own escape room “Defeat the poachers”
With themed events planned throughout the year, term-time toddler specials and our informative twice daily, animal encounter shows, the Ark is a must visit destination for a truly wild family time.
Please see below to see how we are making your visit to the Ark safe and enjoyable.
The health and safety of our animals, visitors and staff is our number one priority. To help maintain social distancing we have introduced a number of measures to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for all.
Here is how we are keeping our visitors safe:
- Do not visit if you are in a high-risk category, are self-isolating or if you or anyone you have been in contact with has symptoms of coronavirus. We will be happy to welcome you back, but not right now, it is not worth the risk.
- Cashless transactions. We are only accepting card payments, preferably contactless payments including debit cards, credit cards, etc
- Keeper talks will not be running. This is to keep both our visitors and staff safe by avoiding people gathering in groups in one area.
- Helping our visitors practise social distancing. We have clearly marked out any areas where queues might occur, like the park entrance, to help everyone maintain a safe distance from one another.
- Cleaning – We will be cleaning much more regularly than normal but please try to avoid touching fences, windows, door handles, glass viewing panels, signs and play areas, etc.
- Providing hand sanitised and handwash stations around the park. At regular stops around the park we have placed hand sanitizer and handwash stations to make sure visitors can frequently wash their hands.
- Creating physical barriers. Barriers have been added in select places around the park, where it is more difficult to maintain social distancing, for example at Reception.
- The Kalahari Café will be serving take away foods only. We have a limited menu – but hope we have chosen some options that you will enjoy.
- Group Bookings – in order to comply with Government social distancing guidelines – Group bookings will not be permitted at this time.
The Wildlife Park is open throughout the year.
Summer season- 10 am – 5 pm (7 days a week)
Winter season – 10 am – 4 pm (closed Mondays & Thursdays except for School & Public holidays)
Park may close during inclement weather, please check on our Facebook page for latest updates before travelling.
Closed Christmas and Boxing day.
Last admission 1 hour before the park closes.
Daily Animal Encounters
Reptile encounters at 11.30 am & 2.30 pm, during special events encounter times may vary.
Over summer and peak times 3.00 pm carnivore talk featuring our cats and foxes.
Last admission is one hour before closing time
The Kalahari Cafe opens daily from 10 am, catering for park visitors and the public alike.
Would you like to help the rescued animals that live at the ARK?
We have an Amazon Wish List, full of enrichment toys that will stimulate, entertain and enhance their lives.
All donations are greatly appreciated and every penny you spend will go towards increasing the happiness and well-being of the animals.
If the above doesn’t work then you can simply log onto your amazon account.
- Go to Find a List or Registry.
- Enter Ark Wildlife Park
- Click Search.
Ark Daily News
All the latest news, stunning photographs and exciting videos direct from the Ark can now be found on our Facebook page.
Information about new arrivals, upcoming events, competitions and visitor comments are updated daily.
Follow the link below and ‘like‘ our page to keep up to date with announcements from the Ark.
ARK Wildlife Park, West Fen Lane, Stickney
Every day at ARK:
- Animal encounters and twice daily reptile talks
Personal and group encounters:
- Meerkat meet and feed
- Reptile keeper experience
- Small mammal keeper experience
- Meet the foxes
- Coati experience
- See experiences page for full details of encounters