Welcome to ARK Exotic Animal Sanctuary – The UK’s first rescue zoo and Lincolnshire’s multi award winning, independent wildlife park & exotic animal refuge
The ARK exotic animal sanctuary is a wildlife park with a difference, operating as a rescue sanctuary for exotic animals that is also open to the public like a traditional zoo and holding a zoo license with all the welfare checks that come with that, the vast majority of our residents are rescues from the European pet trade, the ARK has become a home to a wide variety of captivating animals, from exotic mammals and fearsome carnivores to stunning reptiles and some of your favourite farmyard friends.
We want our visitors to have a fantastic and enjoyable time, whilst never forgetting our primary objective, the rescue and rehabilitation of animals from the exotic pet trade, ex laboratory animals etc, therefore we never lock our animals into viewing areas, it will be their choice to come out and we offer them plenty of cover, this ensures they are not stressed out, so bear with them and if you don’t see them the first time round, pop back around to see if they are out or ask a keeper for the best time to spot them.
Our doors are open all year round except January (see visitor info for seasonal opening times).
As well as the wonderful outside areas, visitors also benefit from popular indoor attractions such as the Tropical House/Jurassic Ark (meet our dinosaurs), Meerkat and Familiar Friends Barn and an all weather activity/play area.
Take a walk around Lemur lake, Lincolnshire’s first and only primate island and home to our group of rescued ring-tailed lemur monkeys, meet our group of Rhesus Macaques at the brand new Macaque Manor.
There is also a large outdoor play park for children, and the family friendly, Kalahari Cafe, offering a delicious selection of locally made cakes, savouries and other refreshments.
New for 2021, put your wits and cunning to the test in the Arks very own escape room “Defeat the poachers” (book in advance)
New for 2021, the dinosaurs have taken over the tropical house, turning it into the Jurassic Ark, get a photo with our very own velociraptor.
With themed events planned throughout the year, term-time toddler specials and our informative twice daily, animal presentations, the Ark is a must visit destination for a truly wild family time, your support will continue to fund the Arks ongoing mission to rescue animals and raise awareness of wildlife trafficking and the exotic pet trade.
Please see below to see how we are making your visit to the Ark safe and enjoyable.
The health and safety of our animals, visitors and staff is our number one priority. To help maintain social distancing we have introduced a number of measures to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for all.
Here is how we are keeping our visitors safe:
- Do not visit if you are in a high-risk category, are self-isolating or if you or anyone you have been in contact with has symptoms of coronavirus. We will be happy to welcome you back, but not right now, it is not worth the risk.
- Cashless transactions. We would prefer card payments, preferably contactless payments including debit cards, credit cards, etc
- Keeper talks will not be running. This is to keep both our visitors and staff safe by avoiding people gathering in groups in one area.
- Cleaning – We will be cleaning much more regularly than normal but please try to avoid touching fences, windows, door handles, glass viewing panels, signs and play areas, etc.
- Providing hand sanitised and handwash stations around the park. At regular stops around the park we have placed hand sanitizer and handwash stations to make sure visitors can frequently wash their hands.
- Creating physical barriers. Barriers have been added in select places around the park, where it is more difficult to maintain social distancing, for example at Reception.
The Wildlife Park is open throughout the year except January where we will be closed after New Years Day
Summer season- 10 am – 5 pm (7 days a week)
Winter season (Closed Jan except New Years Day) – 10 am – 4 pm (closed Mondays & Thursdays except for School & Public holidays)
Park may close during inclement weather, please check on our Facebook page for latest updates before travelling.
Closed Christmas, Boxing Day and Jan after New Years Day
Last admission 1 hour before the park closes.
Daily Keeper talks
Daily keeper talks currently suspended in line with Covid guidance.
Reptile encounters at 11.30 am & 2.30 pm, during special events encounter times may vary.
Over summer and peak times 3.00 pm carnivore talk featuring our cats and foxes.
Last admission is one hour before closing time
The Kalahari Cafe opens daily from 10 am, catering for park visitors and the public alike.
Would you like to help the rescued animals that live at the ARK?
We have an Amazon Wish List, full of enrichment toys that will stimulate, entertain and enhance their lives.
All donations are greatly appreciated and every penny you spend will go towards increasing the happiness and well-being of the animals.
If the above doesn’t work then you can simply log onto your amazon account.
- Go to Find a List or Registry.
- Enter Ark Wildlife Park
- Click Search.
Ark Daily News
All the latest news, stunning photographs and exciting videos direct from the Ark can now be found on our Facebook page.
Information about new arrivals, upcoming events, competitions and visitor comments are updated daily.
Follow the link below and ‘like‘ our page to keep up to date with announcements from the Ark.
ARK Wildlife Park, West Fen Lane, Stickney
Every day at ARK:
- Animal encounters and twice daily reptile talks
Personal and group encounters:
- Meerkat meet and feed
- Small mammal keeper experience
- Meet the foxes
- Coati experience
- See experiences page for full details of encounters